Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Team activities

Every Thursday after school Thula went to her Problem Solving Club. They were given situations in where there was a 'problem' and then had to act out a solution. This picture was taken at her meet.

On stage being introduced. Thula was so excited. She says she loves acting and I can see why, she is very dramatic all the time.

The kids acting out their problem and solution. The judges gave each school a problem and then the groups had one hour to figure out a solution before they performed it. Their coaches were not allowed in the room either.  All the schools were given the problem of 'cyber bullying.' However, Thula's group somehow missed this fact and decided to come up with their own problem! Their group chose playground bullying. I thought they did a good job, but because they did something off the wall they came in last place. I'm disappointed for the kids, but it is pretty funny.


Dressed for church.

I thought Lela looked so cute, but she was being stubborn that morning and wouldn't let me take a decent picture.


Thula and I walked/ran a 5k in downtown Louisville. It was sponsored by Humana.  It was POURING rain and I admit, really awful, but we'll never forget that time spent together!

After the race. Luckily we had ponchos on for the race so our stomach's didn't get soaked!

Thula and her friend from church doing oatmeal and honey masks. Thula is such a good sport and let's Lela tag along.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could see some of those activities! Elaine you are looking great! I'm crying as I write this I'm so proud. Those girls' skin I'm sure really needed the oatmeal treatment...they're so old and wrinkly!

    ReplyDelete