Saturday, November 1, 2014

Trick or Treat!

Stuart went to work dressed as Shirlock Holmes. 

Stuart wasn't too happy about being woken from his nap and then dressed as a giraffe. 

"This is mortifying. Where is my toy gun?"

Our annual dinner in a pumpkin. It was so good. Even Lela ate it. I sauteed onions and then boiled some potato and sweet potato cubes. Then I cooked up some Ye Olde English Sausage (it's the best...sam's club) and then I made a roux with butter, flour, and milk. I mixed it all up and baked it on low in the oven all afternoon. Awesome! 

Church/neighbor kids trick or treating party. So fun. I love seeing all the kids out. Our neighborhood gets a lot of kids. I just wished it lasted longer. It was a cold, windy, night too so everybody was in early. 


Nya, Thula,and Katie. Stuart is the devil on the porch. Every year he pretends to be a statue and then when trick or theaters come he comes to life and scares them. He lives for it. 

Stuart and Blake turned into little gremlins after eating all their Halloween candy. 

" Tell me more about this Dia de los Meurtos." 

Every year we get this migration of birds and our house is the resting point. We get thousands of them and  we love to chase them. It is so cool to see them fly up in unison like a black cloud and dive around. I could do it all day long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment