Sunday, April 17, 2016

Clifty Falls State Park

A friend recommended this place to me. It's in Madison, IN (about an hour and half drive) and the park and the town were a treasure. Stuart said the sun was shining in his eyes. 


This is the main waterfall, but there are several to look at in the park. 



We found this beautiful little gorge?/ravine where the creek ran through and down a cliff. It was fun exploring it. 




You can't tell from the picture but we are actually standing in a tunnel between two huge boulders. 

Contemplating the world. 

The town of Madison is gorgeous. It has a very active main street full of eclectic shops and well maintained historic homes. This was is just an example. 

After our hike, we ate lunch at a playground and then walked down to the Ohio River. Across the river is Milton, KY. 







When I took this picture I reflected on how much our day had been like the days of fun in the Sound of Music. I just wished I could have dressed my kids in some old matching curtain outfits. 


No comments:

Post a Comment