Friday, December 13, 2013

French Lick

The drive to the West Baden Hotel in French Lick. Stuart had a conference here for a few days and he invited us to come stay a night with him. It's about an hour and half from where we live on a little two lane country road. It was such a pretty drive. We passed through little historic Indiana towns and with the snow cover it was postcard perfect. 

The Christmas tree in the beautiful atrium. It was so quiet in here. A worldly temple.  




Our room was on the second floor. 

Inside the hotel room. 


The hotel rooms have windows that look out into the atrium. On the ground floor there are shops, spas, and restaurants. 


Later that evening I made outfitss with those curtains

Me! With my newly dyed hair. 


The pool! It was so fun to go swimming. Stuart was busy the whole time with meetings and never was able to join us. While we were swimming Thuls said, "I'm glad I have a responsible dad, but I really wish he could come swimming with us." :-(

Room service! A dream come true. 



The hotel had some nice restaurants but little Stuart just wasn't going to cooperate so we went out for mexican in town. Stuart had fajiatas, I had a taco salad, Lela had chicken nuggets, and Thula ordered the ribeye steak! I told her that reminded me of when I was little and we would go out for dinner as a family. Everyone would order something sensible and then Jeb would be like, "Oh, and I will have the filet mignon with a shirley temple!" We used to laugh about that.

2 comments:

  1. I would love that rib eye Thula! Hope it was juicy pink for you! What a lovely place....I think I would go to sleep by the pool side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, get out of the curtains!

    ReplyDelete