Thursday, August 7, 2014

Going to Mexico

My friend Shannon Perez invited me to accompany her to Puebla, Mexico. Her husband's family is from there and so we stayed with them and enjoyed friendly Mexico. We flew into Mexcio City and took a charter bus (2 hours) to Puebla. The bus was nice! I promise!

The following pictures are of Mexico City and were taken from the bus window. There was graffiti everywhere and the look of the city, in some areas, reminded me a bit of Los Angeles, CA.  




Mexico City is huge! There were cinder block dwellings everywhere!

I couldn't believe the housing construction. Everything in Mexico is built with cinder blocks or brick and then plastered over with cement. It looks a little shaky!



I noticed these pedestrian bridges over highways throughout Mexico. 

In the part of Mexico I visited, everyone builds right up to the sidewalk. Oftentimes you enter in through a door from the sidewalk and step into a courtyard that lets you through to the house. 

Mexico City abruptly ends and then it's miles of beautiful farmland. Mexico City lies in a valley surrounded by mountains. To leave the city you climb through beautiful mountains and hilly farmland. They grow a lot of corn. 







No comments:

Post a Comment