Sunday, August 10, 2014

Out on the town in Puebla

 Downtown Puebla. Everything is on a 'don't look to closely' basis, but it really was a nice downtown. Puebla is a very old city, dating back to the early 1500's. There are many beautiful cathedrals and buildings.  


My friend Shannon, her niece, sister-in-law, and mother-in-law. 


artisan market

street vendors

yummy street food! I ordered two of whatever it was she was making-corn tortilla with sauce,cheese, meat

The above street vendor was working near this little private courtyard. I thought it was so pretty and I enjoyed seeing this architectural design throughout Mexico. 

Puebla is a Spanish town with Spanish design. There is a central town square with a cathedral. This is the oldest town square in Puebla. There are restaurants on the left and the government building is on the right. 

Puebla's full name is Puebla de los angeles because it is believed angels lifted the bells into the towers of their first cathedral , built in the 1500's. 






Inside the cathedral. It had many beautiful paintings and murals, but my camera didn't capture it so well. They also had many graphic statues of christ bruised and bloodied. 



They didn't have real candles but for a few pesos you could pay to light some up electronically!

Outside the cathedral in the town square/park there was a lucha libre fight! Go Nachooo! 



There was no rain, just an excess of sun. 




Every evening families walk to their local corner bakery and end their day with some bread or sweet bread and hot chocolate. It was fun trying out their different baked goods. I noticed they liked custard-y type breads and desserts. When I passed this very bakery in the morning there were thousands of bees devouring the sweet breads fresh from the oven and no one batted an eye.

People stay out late at night eating out on the street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment